Sunday, February 12, 2012

Outstanding Tutorials for Beginners and Professionals of Photoshop

We are presenting a list of Photoshop tutorials for professionals and beginners. There are a large number of techniques to learn in these tutorials like how to use Photoshop tools, how to apply filters, how to make effects, how to make drawings and manual work etc.



The making of AVALON


This will show how to create the glowing lady of the lake from my image AVALON.


avalon


How to turn Tom Cruise into an alien


These are the steps I used in creating my image, “Face-off” for  Alien Nation 3
First things first


A lot of people have asked how I do a lot of my characterizations and weird aliens, so I thought I'd finally sit down and write a tutorial. I thought a fun image to focus on would be my “Face Off” image for the “Alien Nation 3” contest.


tom-cruise-into-an-alien


How I draw hair in Photoshop


This tutorial lays out the basic methods I use to draw mostly straight or slightly wavy hair in Photoshop.


draw-hair-in-photoshop


The Making Of 'Lust'


In this little tutorial I will show you step-by-step how to create something like this using few simple tools and some basic PS knowledge.


the-making


Busted!


This tutorial will show you how to blend bruises, a black eye, a bloody nose and a few more things into Madonna's face, to make her look all tired and beaten up.


busted


Build a custom studio shooting table for under $80.00


The right equipment is essential for quality photographic results, so spend your limited budget where it counts - great lighting. This tutorial will help you build a custom shooting table for a reasonable price with minimal effort.


studio-shooting-table


Saving Photographs for Contests


This tutorial describes one of many methods for saving photographs in compressed format for the highest quality browser display within the file-size limits requested by webmasters. Simply put, we're going to take a 100-pound photograph and place it into a 20-pound bag. Or, maybe you could consider this “freeze-drying” a photograph, with only small quality loss.


photographs-for-contests


How I made In the clouds


How I made a cloud in the shape of a girl.


the-clouds


Using Layer Blending Modes in Colorizing Gingham


In this tutorial, we'll colorize an image that has a consistent pattern with equal colored parts and white/neutral parts, such as gingham or plaid. Since this is basically a technique that can be applied to a wide variety of images, I'll just use a plain square of scanned gingham material.


colorizing-gingham


Creating Honey-Covered Objects


In this tutorial, you'll learn how to cover an object in honey, or other syrup-like substance.


honey-covered


How I created a cyborgenic leopard


I received a few requests to do this tutorial so here it is. I will go into displacement maps, paths, layers and much more. ENJOY!


cyborgenic-leopard


Glossy Reflections


A basic tutorial on how to make a reflection as if being cast onto a newly polished floor.
Which images work, which images don't.


Reflections are usually added to an image that has a plain white background. For this tutorial, we will use this lovely picture of a banana.


glossy-reflections


How to Chrome Plate your Cherries


Chrome is tough... It doesn't really have any properties other than reflectiveness, which makes it a real challenge to represent in a photographic image. It's mostly about the reflections, and I will attempt to show how I got the reflections dialed in for the Chrome Cherry entry. I have divided the process into 7 steps on the following pages. I am not going into great detail about selecting and masking, assuming everyone who reads this is an old pro at that stuff. (Skip to the end if all you want is a screenshot of the layers pallete : )


chrome-plate


Photography Illustrated


F-Stops and D.O.F. Inspired following a discussion in chat between a mentor: meerkat and a mentee: Anni


photography-illustrated


Making Bubbles with your own Custom Brush


Defining a custom brush in Photoshop is a quick and easy way to create many kinds of shapes and textures, especially if they are small and you need them in large quantities.


making-bubbles


Food Photography and Styling 101 - Part One


An introduction into the art of food photography, both historically, and practically as an insight into the tools used by professionals to create the illusion of a culinary masterpeice in each frame.


food-photography


How i Chocolatized a Skull


After receiving a number (two is a number isn't it?) of comments and requests for a tutorial on this image, I decided to put together a little step-by-step on how i went about chocolizing the skull.


In this tutorial, I'm going to show how, using primarily three tools (Brush, Eraser, Smudge), I turned this image:


chocolatized-a-skull


How I made Morning Drink


In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to take a single shape and using only this source image, create an illustration. Thus, the art of Photigami.


There are unlimited number of ways to approach this type of project. This tutorial will show you one of those ways. Some people prefer using custom brushes, other people have other methods. I prefer placing each shape piece by piece for maximum control in shape distribution.


morning-drink


How I puppetized Charlize!


In this tutorial I am going to attempt to show you how to 'puppetize' Charlize from this...


puppetized-charlize


Kristin Kreuk as a real Manga Gal!


My guide to Reality Manga.
In this tutorial I am going to attempt to show you how to make a Reality Manga gal out of Kristin...from this...


manga-gal


Mmmmmotion


I received a couple of requests for a tutorial on making a Mmmmmotion pic so I figured I'd take a stab at it.


mmmmmotion


Out Of Bounds Shadows-Mini Tut


This is an update of an old mini tut, inspired by the beginning of the then new Out Of Bounds contest format. There were quite a few images using an incorrect or impossible shadow treatment. While there are considerably fewer entries containing this mistake I felt it might be of some help, to beginners particularly, to update it. Essentially this is intended to be of some help to those who are either beginners to graphics programs or new to the OOB concept and would appreciate some very, very basic advice.


shadows-mini-tut


How to create rain


A few people wanted to know how I created the rain effect in the “Turrets” contest, so I tried my best to write a tutorial, and here it is!


create-rain


The Making of a Robotic Frog


Half robot, half frog. In this tutorial, I am going to show how I took a regular frog and opened him up to reveal a mechanical skeleton.


In this tutorial, I'm going to show you some of the steps I took in making this image


robotic-frog


Linking Worth1000 Tutorials Directly From Photoshop


Photoshop has a customizable help function where you can write your own help function, or link to web pages for help. In this tutorial, we will be linking directly to other tutorials on Worth 1000.


directly-from-photoshop


WormHole


Here's how I created the Wormhole effect for Future Glimpse 6.
Displacement


The effect I used for wormhole is easy to do and has many uses from rippling water to warping the fabric of space-time.


wormhole


Fur


In response to a request on methods of getting a soft fur edge I'm posting two examples. While the approach is similar in both examples, it depends on what type of fur/hair you need to deal with.


fur


How to Build a Panoramic Tripod Head for $10


Stitching software and digital cameras make panoramic photos far easier than ever before. However, to get the best results, you need a special tripod head. These can cost hundreds of dollars, but making your own isn't that hard. Even better, it's dirt cheap.


There's some amazing software out there for panoramic photography. Various software packages warp, stitch and blend sequences of photos so that they (ideally) look like one big, high-resolution, panoramic shot. However, getting these shots to turn out perfectly isn't easy when handholding your camera or using a normal tripod, especially when some parts of the image are fairly close to the lens.


panoramic-tripod-head


How I Created Raspberry Frog


In this tutorial, I will show my process of how I made my Raspberry Frog entry. I will be going over the main steps but I will not go over layer masking or adjustment layers in depth. This is my first tutorial so please let me know if there's anything that I missed or that is confusing.


raspberry-frog


Lighting a Giant Elephant


A technique for matching the lighting between a subject and its background.
Matching the Light


If you're like me, every now and then you find yourself needing to insert a subject image into a background where the lighting between the two doesn't quite match. Your subject image may be flatly lit, while your background contains crisp shadows and highlights — and if you don't correct the problem you run the risk of getting a load of critical comments.


giant-elephant


3D Water Scapes from Scratch


The following tutorial will show you how to create stunning 3D water scapes from scratch, using Photoshop or another similar paint program. We will not only be creating a realistic water texture, but will also be creating a convincing illusion of single point perspective.


3d-water-scapes


Bringing a Stone Statue to Life


In this tutorial, I'll show you how to take a stone statue and alter it to look life-like.


stone-statue-to-life


Devil's Eye


Some eyes are just to pretty, but I bet some of you would change that if you could. I am going to try to explain how to make eyes look more sinister, And remember this is coming from a begginer,so bare with me. I used Photoshop CS2 for this tut.


devils-eye

No comments:

Post a Comment